Monday, September 21, 2009

Why its great to be a 2nd Year MBA student at Kelley

As I prepare to begin my 3rd week of classes at the Kelley School of Business, I can't help write my business school blog on how great it is to be a second year MBA student. Sure the first year was fun meeting my classmates and the faculty and staff at Kelley, but nothing beats second year at one of the country's top full time MBA programs. While there are too many benefits to list them all, here is what I would consider the top five:

5. Instead of just being a member of a club or organization, as a second year student you actually get to run the club. For me this means being one of the co-directors of the Student Admission Council (SAC), which is a group of 50 students who run the visit program at Kelley. I am so excited to have prospective students visit our program so that I can see the new SAC members in action.

4. While I enjoyed taking 8 classes at once during the Integrated Core, it was tough! I love my classes right now and I am always amazed by the caliber of professors at Kelley.

3. My MBA social life and my ability to enjoy all that Bloomington has to offer has increased. Between the Farmer's Market, hiking at various state parks or eating alfresco on 4th Street with friends, this town has a lot to offer- especially in the fall.

2. Mentoring first year MBA students is going to be a challenge, but it will be a great way to give back to the MBA program. Being that Kelley is one of the best consumer marketing MBA programs, we have a lot of talented people interested in brand management. I can't wait to get to know all of them.

1. I have failed to mention that I came back to school with a full time offer from my dream company. I know that I am blessed to have received the offer in this tough economy, but I have to admit that I spend some time each day thinking about how I'm going to spend my signing bonus. Like I said, life as a second year student at Kelley is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment