Monday, October 19, 2009

The Bad and the Ugly for FARE @Kelley

So it's shortly after 1 am and I'm still not done with my parts for two group projects that are both due on Tuesday. It's times like these that I wonder why I subjected myself to this torture called the last week of a 7 week quarter. This first Seven weeks of my second year has not been easy. I decided to put a lot of my efforts in to my job search, and decided to neglect my course load. Now the payday is upon me. SIGH. The good news is that I'm waiting to hear some good news in the coming weeks from a few companies. The bad news is that this will be a long week of late night cramming. For me the saddest part is not being able to take full advantage of the learning to be gained from my classes. For example, I really like my finance class. The book is easy to understand the few times that I was able to skim it. I was unable to gain everything I could have from the class because half the time I was not there. Even when I was physically there, my mind was more focused on my recruiting efforts. I would say this is the bad and the ugly for top MBA students. Don't get me wrong, I love Kelley and I love being a full time MBA but some days are hard. Some days you have to make choices that you don't want to make. There will be a trade off and you will feel the consequences. With that...I'm going back to feeling the consequences as I work on my slide deck for my marketing class. The expectations on a person when attending the best marketing MBA program in the country is great. But my motto is...it will get done...it always does.
As always, if you have any questions for me please feel free to email me: fenuha@indiana.edu.

Love,
FARE

No comments:

Post a Comment