Monday, October 12, 2009

Music to my Ears

When I was looking at top MBA schools, I certainly wasn't thinking about those same schools' music programs. But after having chosen Kelley, I'm amazed at the other benefits Bloomington has to offer. Indiana's Jacobs School of Music is one of those amazing benefits.

Arguably one of the top 3 music schools, the Jacobs School provides a musical outlet for my MBA studies. The music school's talent is literally out of this world. Not only are there dozens of free concerts each week, but there are significant artists and productions as well.

For example, last fall, my wife and I hit a free Joshua Bell concert, himself a Bloomington native. Later, we attended an amazing production of Swan Lake. My wife also went to Mama Mia with some friends from the Partners Club. In a few weeks, we're going to Wizard of Oz. And of course, we're excited for Beauty and the Beast and Yo-Yo Ma in the spring. This amazing music and arts scene literally feels like I was living in New York City. Yes, Bloomington really is a cosmopolitan college town bursting with culture.

So for anyone in the MBA Admission process, Kelley has so much more to offer than a MBA in Entrepreneurship or an excellent MBA in marketing management. Rather, the entire MBA experience is complimented by amazing MBA student activities outside the business school. For me, the music scene here couldn't be better - and has harmonized perfectly with my studies in the business school.

No comments:

Post a Comment