Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pushing Limits: That Extra Degree

Pushing Limits: Life at Kelley & Beyond - This title just seemed the most fitting for my blog, but you might be wondering why would I name my business school blog this.

As part of the closing to our class yesterday for Corporate Innovation (Kelley School of Business actually has one of the nation's best MBA Programs for Entrepreneurs) we watched this video:
212 degrees: The Extra Degree

I have seen this video a couple of times before, but every time I end up watching it, I can't help but to think about my parents who told me time and time again growing up that, "you have to continuosly give 150%, cause every time you think you're doing well, the reality is you could be doing better."

As I have grown up and developed, I realize that in order to be successful, at least by my standards, it's important to always challenge and push your limits (thus the name of this blog) because if you don't there is no guarantee that you will ever arrive where you want to be.

Being at Kelley, as a top ranked MBA school, life here is no different. They told me that the 2nd year is always easier, but to be very frank and honest, this semester has been kicking my behind... but don't worry your boy hasn't been taken me out of the game yet and has taken a couple of lumps and bruises but I'm still standing staring the remainder of the year dead in its eye.

I have fully immersed myself in the b-school experience over committing myself to everything and anything that I could be involved in that is of interest to me. It has been a very careful balancing game I have been playing and I have no one to blame but myself for saying yes. I guess it's one of those things I've learned to accept and work with being a part of one of the nation's top full time MBA programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment