Thursday, October 29, 2009

So many things to do in a top ranked MBA program

This week has been a really busy one (when is it not?), but mostly because of all that's going on outside of classes.

I started this week off with an interview for Bloomington Brands. I was interviewed by a 2nd-year student who is on the current brand team. The nice part about this program is that it gives an MBA product marketing experience. There was tough competition from all of the top MBA students at the best marketing MBA program. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the second round, but it was a good experience getting to practice my interviewing skills.

The other thing that I'm spending a lot of time on is that I'm running on a slate to run the MBA Association (MBAA). I'm running for VP of Student Affairs and this week we are refining our strategy and developing our message. So it's been a lot of meeting and sending emails back and forth with the rest of my slate. Running the MBAA is like running a business, so it's a good thing we have the best entrepreneurship MBA program. There are three other slates running so it will be competitive and there will be a good range of viewpoints offered for the future of our top-ranked MBA program.

The other thing keeping me busy is my graduate assistantship working in the MBA program office. I help with external marketing and am looking at the positioning and promotion of our Kelley Accelerated Admission Program (KAAP), which is aimed at graduating college seniors. It is a time-consuming project, but I'm able to apply some of the positioning and segmenting principles that I've learned in class.

Hope that gives you a good look at all the opportunities available to you at the best Marketing MBA Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment