Monday, November 9, 2009

A big win at the Faculty Auction

I know this blog has been focused on work at a top MBA business school, so I wanted to show the lighter side of life for top MBA students.

On Friday night we had our Faculty Auction, an annual event where professors and faculty donate events and groups of MBA students bid on them. All of the proceeds go to the Walt Blacconiere College Fund, which honors the memory of a beloved Kelley School of Business accounting professor who died of pancreatic cancer in 2007.

Some examples of events:I had my eyes set on this last one and knew the bidding would be intense. I put together a group of ten MBA students, each willing to spend up to $75 ($750 total). The bidding started at $300 and it was clear we were against one other main team. We had it won at $750 when a third team got into the bidding! They raised to $800 and I came back with $850 and we won it there. All in all a great night.

Now we just have to figure out what to do with him...

No comments:

Post a Comment