Monday, November 9, 2009

Kelley Cares

This may be an unique blog post, but I think it will help show how Kelley is a top MBA business school and how faculty/staff/administration really care about the students here.

With H1N1 breathing down our necks, the entire IU campus has been very health conscious. As luck would have it, I got very ill this past week - not with H1N1 but with asthma turned bronchitis turned pneumonia. Such a lucky string landed me a 5 day hospital vacation.

So what makes Kelley a top ranked business graduate school? Sure it's the excellent course curriculum; sure it's the camaraderie among students; but for me, at least this week, it's the individual support and concern woven into the Kelley culture.

I've been overwhelmed by the support I've received. A number of fellow students and staff came to visit me. Faculty and professors emailed and conveyed their concern. Perhaps the most touching call came from Dan Smith - the Dean of the business school, who expressed how worried he was for me. I think people would be hard-pressed to find a comparable caring Dean.

So if you're considering Kelley, yes Kelley offers one of the best Entrepreneurship MBAs in the country. But the intangibles, like the personal care and concern, really help Kelley rise to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment