Thursday, November 5, 2009

Running for the MBAA at a top MBA Business School

In my last post I mentioned that I was running on a slate for the MBAA. In this post I wanted to elaborate further on what it takes to run for student government in a top ranked MBA program.

The way the slate system works is that instead of running individually for specific positions, you run as a group for all of the positions. This year, there are three groups running, all with eight members on their slate. The group I'm part of is called The Kelley Advocates, and I am running for VP of Student Affairs. That will mean overseeing all the social events, athletic events, tailgates and some clubs. It's a big job and will involve helping to organize and execute about 80 events over the next year.

The rules of the campaign really limit how much you can campaign. So since we have constraints, we have to take advantage of the best MBA for marketing. The way you can campaign is via word of mouth, one flyer, and one poster. While we are still finishing our poster, we did drop our flyer:






































This week the campaign involves:
  • Answering questions from top MBA students during the coffee break on Monday
  • A 15-minute presentation on Friday
  • Q&A of potential presidents on Friday after the presentations
I'll let you know next week how we did!

5 comments:

  1. An illiterate individual would have the capacity to tackle issues yet with frustration, anger and rage. However with regards to an educated man, he will explain it with shrewdness, technical power and would have the capacity to have a control over his temper.visit website

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a big job and will involve helping to organize and execute about 80 events over the next year. my site

    ReplyDelete
  3. this blog is so informative. I'm looking for this.
    professional paper editing .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most publishers would have you ever believe that their services area unit essential. Is your masterpiece very doomed while not their skilled redaction advice? cheap and proofreading service for essays

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have your last post and also this one. I like the way you thinking. You have write some information about the MBA. It is really a great thing. This http://www.editmydraft.com/our-services/proofread-my-draft-service/ will help you a lot

    ReplyDelete