Sunday, January 24, 2010

Women's Case Invitational

This past weekend the Kelley School of Business hosted the first annual Women's Case Invitational. The competition was open to first-year women from top MBA schools from across the country and was very close to my heart as I have spent a good deal of the past year organizing the weekend.

A lot of planning went into the Invitational. I worked closely with the Development Office to secure corporate sponsors for the event, and with the Marketing Department to position the competition and attract the interest of participating schools. Throughout the experience, what really stood out to me was the collaborative nature of the people at Kelley. Students, staff and faculty were always willing to lend a hand to help out no matter how busy MBA student life was! It was truly a team effort, and I am so thankful that there were so many amazing people working on this project.

Although my study abroad experience prevented me from witnessing the competition first-hand, I have heard that it was great success. Six top ranked MBA schools sent students to participate in the live strategy case. I was very happy to learn that the Kelley team placed in the top three and took home a trophy as well as a nice cash prize! I am hoping that we can build on the success of this event and make it become an annual tradition at Kelley.

No comments:

Post a Comment