So, I've switched over to off-campus networking and job searching. While I wish that I knew where I was going this summer, I am confident that I will find a very good internship in consumer marketing.
Also, the big advantage of having to go through the mba off-campus job search is that I will learn skills that will help me in every job search I have to do for the rest of my life.
Over the next week:
- I will create a list of 30 companies that have MBA marketing internships and that I want to work for.
- I will tier those companies into a top 10, middle 10, and bottom 10.
- I will make 20+ contacts in the next week and work on coverting those into at least 8 informational interviews.
- A networking buddy program, pairing me up with a student with an offer who will help me track my networking progress and set goals each week
- Sessions on best networking practices and how to make off-campus contacts
- Tutorials on how to best use LinkedIn and Kelley inCircle to maximize your network-based internship search.