Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Study Abroad Adventures

I am recently back in the USA after spending 6 weeks in Santiago, Chile for a study abroad program at Universidad Catolica de Chile. I had an amazing time and I wanted to share some of my experiences with you!

The Kelley school is a member of the PIM network which means that we have access to study at some of the top MBA schools in the world. The exchange with UC is a bit unique as it lasted for just the month of January which is their summer term. I took really interesting class in International Business that was taught by a visiting professor from New Zealand. The subject matter took a whole new dimension in a classroom filled with top MBA students from all over the world, and I really enjoyed hearing their perspective on some of the issues we discussed. To top it all off, the MBA classes are held in a beautiful new building with gorgeous views of the Santiago skyline.

The summer term ended January 28 which gave me some time to explore South America before returning to Bloomington. During this time I traveled with some new friends throughout Southern Chile and Patagonia. I had lots of adventures including hiking a live volcano, taking a 3-day ferry ride through the fjords of Patagonia and visiting a Penguin colony. I am so glad that I got the opportunity to see this part of the world, and the laid-back pace at which we traveled was a welcome relief from the rigid schedule I sometimes follow in Bloomington!

Now that I am back in Bloomington, I am preparing for the week-long capstone project for second year students. I am really looking forward to getting back into the classroom here and showing my colleagues all that I learned in my time abroad!

No comments:

Post a Comment