Monday, March 29, 2010

My MBA Program Trek to China

Kelley International Perspectives: Just another reason why Kelley offers one of the best and most unique MBA degree programs. "KIP trips" are a great way for IU Masters of Business Administration Program students to enhance their global business savvy. The program is open to students with any type of career interest (MBA Finance majors, MBA Consumer Marketing students, Entrepreneurship MBA students, Life Science MBA students, etc.)

I recently spent 2 weeks in China with my fellow MBA students for my KIP trip. It would have been cool to write my MBA Program Blog from China, but I did not bring my laptop. Actually it felt glorious to be off the grid for 2 weeks!

I traveled to 4 Chinese cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Suzhou. You may not have heard of the latter 2 cities, but they are both massive. Hangzhou for example has a population over 6M and a skyline rivaling Chicago. One startling fact about China is that it has so many multi-million population cities that Americans have never heard of.

Here are a few highlights of my trip...

Site Highlight: THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA. I climbed the steepest part of the wall and was rewarded with a splendid vantage point of the surrounding mountains and valleys. Arguably the most beautiful and impressive site I have ever seen in my life (see pic below).

Best Food: Peking Duck at Quanjude in Beijing. Succulent hand-carved roast duck wrapped inside Chinese pancakes with scallions and mesmerizing Hoison plum sauce. Quack Quack! Yum Yum!

Best Drink: Longjing Tea (green tea) at the Tea Village in Hangzhou.

Best Entertainment: Karaoke bars. So far outside the typical day in the life of an MBA student, but surprisingly a blast.

Business Visit Highlight: Whirlpool in Shanghai (see pic below). Toured a retail mock-up room and learned about key consumer differences in China vs USA. I am seeking my MBA in Consumer Marketing so this visit was extremely helpful.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent information with unique content and it is very useful to know about the information based on blogs.Management schools in india | top business school in india |top management schools in india

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing as it is an excellent post would love to read your future post -for more knowledgeTop B Schools in Bangalore | Top Degree Colleges in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing that you shared this very important information to us. People will surely like your article for it brings good information about the advantages of having distance learning. statement of purpose for mba

    ReplyDelete