Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Chicago getaway

Sean's MBA Program Blog goes to Chicago Time! Another weekend in Chicago with the girlfriend, of course! It's a litlle chilly here, in the 50's or low 60's, but sunny and clear skies. I'm eagerly awaiting the news from Best Buy about my job assignment for July. Once you get to a few weeks from graduation, it's like you're looking past that horizon to the summer. Your student life is finishing, and you're preparing for MBA graduate life! One of my friends got a surprise when his job assignment will be in Boston instead of Cincinnati. I don't anticipate that happening, but you never know!

I definitely recommend taking a low-stress course load the last 7 weeks. It was crucial for me to finish my MBA finance major in the first 7 weeks. I especially recommend taking the classes which will prepare you for some of your job duties in the first 7, when you'll be more likely to put the work in. My data mining and technology management classes don't require a lot of strenuous work, and the data mining homework is in groups. We just finished our latest assignment...challenging, but not enough to stump us :) That's the positive about working with MBA's...they really know how to get stuff done.

This weekend, Kelly and I went to Navy Pier to spend a nice Saturday. We went on a couple rides and played mini-golf. Here's a pose of the mini-golf legend:



I think I got hustled, as I lost by 3 shots after she told me she wasn't very good. To make things worse, she talked me into going on this wave swinger ride where you get in a swing and fly around at high speeds about 40 feet up. I had my eyes closed the whole time. After that, I needed something to get the ego back up, so we went to see Clash of the Titans and check out a wine bar. I didn't have to keep my eyes closed there.

I really enjoy splitting my time between Bloomington and Chicago, a college town and a big city. I get to enjoy parts of both. We're going to the Cubs game today, so I'll have pictures and an update later. Also, I participated in the Business Week MBA ranking survey. I'm really excited about being part of the class that keeps Kelley as a top rated MBA program. I'll have more in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment