Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dinner with Marketing Greatness

Last night I had the pleasure of attending a dinner with one of the top professors at the Kelley School of Business. Professor Rockney Walters teaches marketing classes at Kelley, and three of my classmates and I bid on a dinner with him as part of the Faculty Auction that took place in November. Rockney teaches Marketing in the Integrated Core, and he also teaches a class on pricing in which I am currently enrolled. The dinner was a combination of great food, interesting conversation and a lot of laughter. I will admit that there were a few references to the elasticity of consumers , but in general the conversation steered away from marketing. The Professor also joined us and about 30 other MBA program students at a local bar for a few drinks after dinner. The whole experience reminded me that Kelley has one of the best marketing MBA programs in the country because of the passion and dedication of professors like Rockney.

No comments:

Post a Comment