Monday, April 19, 2010

Typical Cubs game experience

What sort of thing could happen immediately behind you that could make you go get napkins, and make the person next to you say "Well, that is bound to happen if you go to enough Cubs games"? How about having the woman behind you regurgitate her beer under your seat?

Luckily it didn't get on me...but it was a first for me at a sporting event. Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as this. I honestly never thought my business school blog would involve a story about me nearly being vomited on...but I guess I'm a man of adventure.

The game was pretty good, even though the Cubs lost in 10 innings. I'm not a Cubs fan, but it's always better to see the home team win. It was a little cold out too, but it was sunny, and we were really close...check out this pic from our seats:

Fun times at Wrigley today!

Anyway, in my previous post, I mentioned I recently took part in the Business Week MBA student survey. All of the students in the class of 2010 get to participate, and the results help determine the Business Week MBA ranking for your school. Kelley is one of the top 15-20 schools in the country, and getting good feedback consistently from students is one of the top reasons. Even though the economy has been tough the past 2 years, it's been tough for everyone. The Kelley School of Business has been doing as well or better than the top schools in the country in job placement, and I really hope we rise in the rankings. That can only serve to make my degree even more valuable and respected than it already is. I'm already very glad to leave here with my MBA in corporate finance, and getting to give back in this way makes me even more glad I chose to come here. Hopefully we'll see a strong result!

No comments:

Post a Comment