Thursday, May 6, 2010

2 Years, and a Lifetime away

Well, I've finally come to the end of my Kelley MBA program run. 2 years ago, I was applying to programs and trying to find the best MBA college for me. I remember taking my visit to Kelley and knowing that night that was where I wanted to be. I remember the countless hours perusing through MBA websites, writing application essays, and evaluating schools. I used to have the Business Week MBA ranking memorized! Now, here I am...about to graduate from Indiana with my MBA. Finished with classes. In a completely different place, about to enter a completely different world, as a completely different person.

I think back to the time when I was working as a basketball tournament director and remember the things that were on my mind. It's a relief to know that I won't have to worry about tournament schedules, or youth basketball enrollments, or working nights and weekends anymore. Before I came here, I had no idea what an MBA in corporate finance would do. Now I am one, and I'm about to figure out exactly what I can doa nd where I can go with it. Before I cam to Kelley, my Excel use was limited to databases of basketball league signups. I didn't know any commands, or any of the uses. Now I'm creating NBA models, poker spreadsheets, and optimization programs. Moreover, the people I've met and the things I've done here have helped me appreciate different things in life. I'm leaving here with a great job, a great girlfriend, and some great friends who will do great things. I know I made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment