Monday, August 9, 2010

Internship Crunch Time!

This summer has flown by! Hard to believe that I will be back in Bloomington starting my 2nd year of my MBA in just 3 short weeks.

Tomorrow marks week 9 of my 10 week internship at Target. I am in their merchandise buying program in Decorative Home. Unlike some of my fellow Top MBA students at MBA Consumer Marketing internships at Target we only have one project. Mine was to analyze 10 categories (down from 13!) against the company's design axis to understand where we performing well and where we have opportunities to serve our guest. It has been a great learning experience and really let me understand all the cross functional a buyer interacts with on a daily basis - while giving me exposure to the day-to-day role, weekly sales analysis anyone!?

My presentation is quickly approaching. But the Kelley's Best Consumer Marketing MBA Academy really did help to prepare me for it. Our CMA projects really gave us a sample of what to expect on our internship projects so you wouldn't be afraid of the ambiguity or reaching out for feedback. I don't know what I would have done without that experience.

I spent this weekend making the recommended changes my manager suggested. Think its looking good - I 'm ready to get this show on the road.

While this has been a great experience, I am ready to get back to Kelley and my fellow MBA Program Students. I can't wait to hear what they all have been working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment