Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The village of Viesese



Today was another great day! Ever since we arrived to Fiji I have been thinking that this project was one of the things that I wanted to experience during my MBA, and I still can’t believe my dream came true.

Our day started very early. It was 7:15 am when Ravin, our driver, picked us up at the hotel. After our meeting with Dorinda Work at Microfinance West Offices, we were ready to start our research. In order to cover more ground we decided to split into two teams. Jacob and his wife visited one of the Fijians markets in order to gain more knowledge about how women in these kind of businesses benefited from micro-loans; and Matt and I visited a Fijians Village, called Viesese.

Before getting there we were advised about how respectful we must be about their traditions, but really these women were very helpful and warm with us. They were anxious to share their stories with us and after an hour of conversation learning about their reasons for being involved in these kinds of loans we were offered a cup of coffee and a piece of homemade bread. They really wanted us to spend more time with them. I felt it was through coffee, bread and a nice conversation how they opened up to share a piece of their lives with us.

Guest blog provided by Rocio Ortiz, Kelley MBA 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete