Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Social Enterprise and a Top Ranked MBA

One of the things that drew me to Kelley when I was looking at all of the nationally ranked MBA programs was the focus on social entrepreneurship. Specifically, the new student led initiative, GLOBASE. It doesn't matter if you are getting an MBA in corporate finance, an MBA in entrepreneurship, or an MBA in marketing, this program has something to offer.

GLOBASE is an incredible opportunity that sets Kelley apart from its peer schools. It is an innovative course that combines real life leadership experience with social entrepreneurship, marketing, finance, and supply chain management. What began as one trip each year to Lima, Peru, has now become three trips to Peru, Ghana, and India. I was thrilled when I was given the chance to go to Peru last year, but nothing can compare to what I am experiencing as a member of this year's leadership team for India.

As a student leader, I am getting to see a whole different side of the program. It's not just about working with our partner organization and making their business better, it is also about developing the strongest experience possible for my classmates. Being a part of a top ranked MBA program, this is a daunting task!! I am looking forward to sharing more about the experience in upcoming posts, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment