Monday, October 25, 2010

Finance Academy Week Part 1

We just wrapped up our first Academy Intensive Week. The Academies are one of the biggest reasons why I chose to earn my MBA at the Kelley School of Business. As a career switcher earning my MBA, I knew that it would be essential to gain practical experience in corporate finance before my internship and subsequent full-time employment. This is the main purpose of the Academies.

Monday through Wednesday morning we had four different companies come in and present some of the current projects that they're working on as well as how they view corporate finance. We learned about a few different topics but most of the sessions focused on a company's wacc (weighted-average cost of capital) and how they determine it and use it in deciding which capital expenditure projects to approve. These topics are especially beneficial for anyone looking to earn an MBA in Corporate Finance.

I can't say enough good things about my experience last week with the Corporate Finance Academy. It's definitely one of the things that makes Kelley one of the best MBA programs in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment