Monday, November 1, 2010

New Semester, New Classes

Time really flies fast when you are at the best MBA program in the USA and I cannot believe that I am officially 5/8ths of the way done with earning my degree! Now that finals are finished, I am excited to start a new set of classes this seven weeks. I start my week off with W511: Venture Strategy building on the corporate strategy component of the difficult task of new venture creation. Next, I am taking M522: New Products Management where we will be covering the process of developing and marketing new products. Finally, I am taking M550: Consumer Insights, where we will be exploring how to better understand the consumer. In true Kelley fashion, I am a part of some great teams and I am looking forward to working with some of my old favorite teammates as well as a few new ones that are sure to keep discussions and projects lively. This is just a quick preview, and I will have more tales from the classroom as the semester gets underway.


In my panda hat on the great wall from KIP China, spring 2010.

My MBA course curriculum is lighter than normal because over the weekend I decided to participate in our Kelley International Perspectives (KIPS) trip going to Australia and New Zealand next spring. Last year, I spent two weeks in China through a KIPs program and I am looking forward to my first adventure in the Southern Hemisphere, joining other top ranked MBAs for some fun down under. Our trip will be a mix of visiting companies, as well as sight seeing in the area, and I cannot wait to pull out my passport and to continue learning more about the global business environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment