Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Holiday Away

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know it has been a while since I have posted, so I figured I could use this as a catch0up post to share just a little about what I have been up to here at Kelley. The week before the Thanksgiving holiday was the second year's mid term week, which explains why I am a little behind. It was also my first chance to start the application reading process in the admissions office as we work through round one applicants! There have been so many incredible candidates and I have really enjoyed getting to read the essays and get some insight into candidates' reasons for wanting to pursue MBAs admission at Kelley.

After completing midterms, I spent 10 days in Boston and it was so nice to take my first real break since starting the MBA program. While there, I was able to meet up with two of my favorite Kelley classmates (Katy Lind and fellow contributor to the MBA program blog, Joe Gudema) to explore the city and pass the time. Additionally I hosted a hometown coffee and met with 2 prospective students both interested in social entrepreneurship MBA programs and was even able to go to squeeze in time to go to my first Celtics game. The break also gave me some time to catch up on my reading for class, in particular my independent study course, and of course to eat lots of great food!

One of the best parts of the MBA calendar is getting the entire week off for the break and I am definitely going to miss that luxury after I complete my two year MBA program!

No comments:

Post a Comment