Here are a few tips for your admissions interview:
- Treat it as a professional interview. Dress appropriately, arrive early, and come prepared with copies of your resume.
- Remain calm and collected. Accept a glass of water, if offered, to allow you to compose yourself during the interview as needed.
- Review your goals and be prepared to share "your story." You should be able to clearly articulate the link between your past experience, where you are currently, and your future goals.
- Be sure to provide specific examples but also be concise. It is a delicate balance and you will want to use the 20-30 minute interview time wisely. Tell your story but let the interviewer guide the discussion.
- Realize that interviews are not static. There is not a standard list of questions that you will be asked to answer.
- Most importantly, be yourself!! There are no right or wrong answers. An interview is simply a chance to get to know you better!
- Lastly, be sure to follow-up. While it may not be expected, a short thank you is always appreciated and can leave a lasting impression.