Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pushing Limits: Your school is in the Midwest? Sucks for you!

Being from the East, I'll be honest, at times we get a little E. Coast-centric, and why wouldn't we? Not to brag or anything, but we have a lot of the best of what the nation has to offer... ie diversity in cultures, music, food, travel destinations, and sports teams to name a few -- I could be more specific, but I don't want to offend those of you reading from other parts of the country, so I ask that you use your imagination to fill in the rest :)

When I originally began sharing with people that I was going back to school at a top MBA business school, many of my friends assumed that I would be staying on the E. Coast, more specifically within the northeast, when they found out I was going to Indiana University - Kelley School of Business, many were like, you're going to school in the Midwest? That kind of sucks for you! This thinking couldn't be further from the truth! Kelley is at the top for MBA Program for Entrepreneurs, does very well for MBA Finance Majors, and stands worlds apart in Marketing as well!

You're probably saying to yourself, "OK, so decent school but what could there be to do in Indiana," that would make this guy feel so adamant about it being such a great place? Some examples of what I have been able to do outside of Kelley included:
I can honestly tell you that I have had a great experience barring the fact that the West Indian population here in Indiana is kind of low, I have been able to do a lot within and outside of the Kelley world, making Indiana, to me perhaps one of the best MBA university states!

No comments:

Post a Comment