I’ve included my key takeaways, as they are helpful pieces of advice, regardless of your career aspirations.
- Your brand image is made of every interaction your consumer has with your brand or product, not just the traditional advertising points of contact that come to mind. The same is true of your personal brand.
- People skills and the soft skills are what get you places. Live by the things you were taught in second grade: play nice in the sandbox, don’t take things that are not yours, say thank you.
- 3. At the end of the day, all you have is your reputation. Be someone that people know they can go to listen and get the job done.
- You don’t have to be the one coming up with all of the ideas, you just have to be able to identify them and make them come to life.
- Be a consensus builder: be able to diplomatically disagree. I hear you, I understand, I disagree, here’s why, it isn’t personal.