Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Second year social life

I cannot believe we are so close to the end of our time in Kelley's two year MBA program! While I am taking a fantastic cost accounting course, A 576, (bet you never thought the words fantastic and cost accounting would be in the same sentence, but it is true, Professor Laureen Maines is so good) and working on a strategic consulting project for Nestle, it feels like the majority of my time is spent involved in MBA student activities. There have been so many great speakers, Kelley events, and fun with friends trying to soak up Bloomington before graduation that it is hard to stay in the building any longer than you have to!


Last Monday was our second month of having our own Chef's Dinner for the MBA program at Scholar's Inn, and it may have been the best menu yet. The theme was spring. Following the dinner, a smaller group of us went to this hole in the wall place in Bloomington called House Bar for some great catch-up conversations. Tuesday, I donated my hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program as a way to do some good and have a new change to start working full-time. The best part is that they were able to count my donation as time towards our volunteer competition headed up by Kelley Cares against Purdue and Notre Dame. That night, I joined 20 Kelley's at Professor Albright's home for dinner and an evening of amazing classical music that we purchased at Kelley Women's faculty auction last fall. Professor Albright played the piano and he was accompanied by a first year student, Gerardo Ubaghs, on his 200 year old violin. It was incredible. I missed Kelley Follies because I was out of town this weekend, but there are plenty of videos on You Tube that are pretty hysterical. My favorite is Office Space-The Printer.





Last night, a group of seven ladies went to see the Joffrey Ballet at the IU auditorium. As a dancer, I was so excited to get to see them and we had amazing seats at the student ticket price. I am going to miss that pricing when I go back to being a "real adult."

I have always been the type of person to work hard and play hard, and it is nice to be able to spend some time playing the past few weeks. Next up Experience Weekend and Little 500 week, including a Snoop Dogg concert, the Little Little 500 and Beer Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment