Wednesday, October 19, 2011

KIPs Brazil: Taking shape


Embraer facilities in São José dos Campos.

By Reggie GustaveSecond-Year MBA

I’ve been hard at work with the rest of the KIPs Brazil leadership team (Kelley International Perspectives). The excitement is building as I realize how fast this is moving.


 We began working on this KIPs trip in the spring semester of 2011 and continued through the summer. As a KIPs Australia New Zealand participant in my first year at the Kelley School of Business I didn’t realize what it takes to put together a trip of this size. But the learning experience is worth the effort.

We recently received some great news. We were able to secure a visit with Embraer. One of the largest jet manufacturers in the world. I’m excited to see what they have for us. I know a few U.S. airlines that use their jets so they should have a lot to talk about .

As more companies have begun to finalize their confirmations and we narrow down the cultural elements of the trip, my excitement builds. We want to have elements in this trip that will be both enjoyable and educational, and we’ll continue working until we find that perfect balance and create the right MBA global experience in Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment