Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Social Impact through women entrepreneurs

By Rocio Ortiz
Second-year MBA


After spending nine days in Fiji, I am convinced this experience has changed my life forever.
I can highlight so many things about this trip, but the best was being part of this amazing project whose main objective is to make a positive impact in the life of women entrepreneurs and their families. That’s definitively one of the things I always wanted to get from my MBA, and it happened!

We met our goal; we interviewed 101 women who never stopped surprising us with their stories. They were so open to share their ideas, their culture and even welcome us at their homes. I am so impressed with the enormous potential that this country has, not only because it is so rich in terms of material resources but also because its people are great – including all the organizations that are willing to help and improve the lives of people in these communities. 

Throughout these days, we gained a better understanding of the importance of the role of culture in Fijian microfinance and the huge need for projects like SPBD’s to make a real impact in the life of these communities.

I can’t wait for SPBD to start operations and know how the life of these women and their families is being changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment