Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Been a Whirlwind!!

Wow, has it really been three months?? It has seemed like a whirlwind and here we are in the midst of the holidays and preparing for a new year (although it does not feel like it at all). I keep giving myself internal goals for writing more often but those seem to be trumped by the daily schedules that we all try to maintain.

So where have I been? I believe my last post was from Chicago’s O’Hare airport, which is fitting considering I’m currently on my way there now. From that point, I headed overseas for a few weeks to visit family in Frankfurt, enjoy Oktoberfest in Munich, and tour through India with stops in Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, and Bangalore. I have to say, after three trips I’m finally starting to feel like I know what is going on and how things work in India. It’s an amazing place!

I returned home for four days in early October before hitting the road again with stops in Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago, and St. Louis. It was good to catch up with some friends along the way and quite the experience to witness the World Series in action. I then had a quick trip to Cincinnati before returning home for a couple of weeks and hosting our Kelley In Focus Diversity Weekend in early November. I was then off to Texas for a couple of stops in Houston and Austin. Unfortunately my trip had to be cut short and I missed out on Dallas and San Antonio but am thankful for our alumni and my co-workers for covering the events! It was nice to spend a week at home with family and friends over the Thanksgiving holiday and being able to get a bit caught up in the office before heading out on this my final trip of the calendar year. Last week included stops in New Orleans, Miami, and San Juan. I was glad to spend a couple extra days over the weekend in Puerto Rico but unfortunately it rained a bit more than one would hope. And so now I’m into the final week of the travel year and off to host Kelley MBA Receptions in Chicago and DC before heading home. If you’re in either area, be sure to RSVP and make plans to attend!

Well, now that I’ve updated you on my travels, I look forward to posting several times in the coming weeks as our January 5th application deadline approaches. If there are any specific topics or questions you would like addressed, let me know! In the meantime, GO HOOSIERS and congratulations on knocking off the #1 team in the country! In case you missed it, be sure to watch the live replay, a fan's view from inside Assembly Hall, and the view from on the court! IU basketball is back!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays, Brad

    I do volunteer IU Alumni Student Recruitment in Los Angeles. I graduated from Kelly in 1980. A couple weeks ago I met a very impressive young woman, age 19, graduate 2011, English, California State Los Angeles. Her writing and professionalism are impressive. She would like to get an MBA from Kelly starting Fall 2012. As a young college graduate she does not have extensive work experience but comes from an entrepreneurial family background with chain of restaurants. She will be an asset to take the I.U. name into the world once she achieves the MBA. How can we get her into I.U. now before she is grabbed by another university in the next two years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Starr, and my apologies for the delayed response. I would be happy to connect with her directly. She is also welcome to attend our upcoming Kelley MBA Brunch this Saturday in Marina del Rey and can RSVP at http://kelley.iu.edu/mba/admissions/onTheRoad.cfm. Thank you for your ongoing support of IU and our recruitment efforts!

    ReplyDelete