Monday, June 24, 2013

Living Up to the Standard: Natalie at Direct Supply

Living Up to the Standard: Internship Series

By Natalie Ciambrone, Direct Supply Intern


After spending over nine months in Bloomington, I was eager to start my internship and prove to myself that my decision to go back to get an MBA was the right one.
  
Last week marked the half-way point of my internship at Direct Supply. As I looked back over those six weeks, I was initially concerned about my decision to go back to school after I realized that some of the hard skills I had learned were not directly transferring to my summer project. But it was thanks to a comment from the Direct Supply CEO at the end of my mid-point presentation that I realized there was so much more I had learned in my first year than just those technical skills.

The CEO inadvertently helped me realize it was confidence, among other things, that I had gained from my time at Kelley. Through my experiences with the GLOBASE Guatemala consulting trip and through defending my positions in class during case discussions, I have become comfortable with navigating through the ambiguous, “gray areas” of business. This has come in handy since my strategy project requires me to help the company turn a gray topic into a profitable solution.

My internship stretches me beyond my comfort zone almost every day. Before Kelley I would have been unable to navigate the process and intimidated by the idea of having to figure it out. But even just after a year of being at Kelley, I feel prepared to embrace whatever new challenges are thrown my way. The experiences that helped develop this new found confidence is what makes my decision worth it.


1 comment:

  1. The possible values would even proved to be much better for the students to understand in detail all those prospects which must have been understood by them. assignment help uk

    ReplyDelete